Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hair today...

I feel the need to blog about my hair. First of all my hair is amazing. No, it's not Jennifer Aniston hair amazing, no one will cry "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" and it will never cover my naked body while I ride my horse through the city like Lady Godiva. It's amazing because of the abuse it takes from me and never tries to leave home or just lie down and die altogether.

 My hair abuse mostly comes from coloring. I can't stop. I have a serious problem when it comes to coloring my hair. Is there a 12 step program for hair coloring? I'm not sure there is a color left that I have not had it. It's been all your natural shades from blonde to black and all of the not natural shades, pink, purple, blue, green and my favorite, fire engine red. I love my red. 'Hi, my name is Teri and I can't stop coloring my hair'. "Hi, Teri!".

Oh yeah, it was PINK. 

I think somewhere in my family someone must have been a ginger. My own natural hair color is a very dark brown. No matter what I color it red tones always come through. I really love dark red hair, not the faded almost orange red hair, but a true rich red color. Unfortunately when I dye my hair any lighter than natural color it fades into that light orange mess.

One of my better self dye jobs. 

Feria has been my favorite dye in a box brand for years now. I love their colors and how soft their uber after dye conditioner makes my hair. If you are dying your hair all one color I don't think home box dye is all that bad. Highlights however are one thing best left to the professionals. I try sometimes, and sometimes succeed, but it's never as good and someone who knows what they are doing.

That blue was so pretty! 

A few weeks ago I found a deal on Living Social for a cut, color, highlights and a deep conditioning hair masque from Fringes Salon and Spa here in Knoxvegas. It was a deal I couldn't pass up so I went to have my self hair coloring disaster fixed and a much needed cut. I had it dyed to a more natural color with some caramel highlights and my beloved red. I usually think I do pretty good with my dye jobs, that is until I have it done by someone who knows what they are doing. Kaydee at Fringes ROCKS! I love it and might even stick to the pro's for all my hair coloring needs. I will still be in that 12 step program though.

Hair before. The ends are looking pretty bad here because I had to wait awhile to get it cut because they were so busy. I'm not sure how I can see with those bangs, and probably shouldn't be driving. The color here isn't that bad, but my roots were really showing.

Hair after. Smoother and sleeker looking with the dead ends chopped off. Eyes now visible. My nose looks like a ski slope from this angle. Ugh. 


In all, I love my awesome hair. I love that it doesn't fall out and that it provides me with endless opportunity to change the cut, color and length. I know a lot of people who are afraid to do anything to their hair. Even if it means they have had the same style since high school. You know who you are and I urge you to go get it cut and colored! Let them do what they want. (I do recommend a good salon, no super cuts for this!). It's only hair, it will grow out again.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment