Thursday, September 20, 2012

Makeup on a budget

By now, you know I like makeup. I usually like experimenting with dramatic looks with bold colors. It's not what I wear everyday, so it's something different and fun. Every day looks are, well, everyday. So occasionally I get out my blue, hot pink and red eyeshadow and try to create something dramatic. I take a picture and post it on my Facebook page, although I am no makeup artist, I just do it to have fun. I usually list the products I use and have heard a few times from people that they love the colors but can't afford some of the big name makeup brands. Well, I'm here to tell you that you don't have to spend a fortune on makeup, those dramatic NowYouCan'tLeaveTheHouse looks can be yours for under 10 bucks! Here's how.

Buy this.


I found this in Walgreens the other night and loved the bright blue and purple eyeshadow on the cover model. I guess that's Fergie, or suppose to be, I don't really know. She has teamed up with Wet 'n Wild with nail polish and now a makeup kit. The box opens up like a book and has everything you need inside to whore up your eyeball holders. 


Eyeshadow palette with 4 shimmering colors, liquid liner, liner pencil, mascara, shadow brush and an eyebrow brush. All for the low low price of $7.99! It even has instructions on how to look like Fergie, although the finished instructions look does not match the finished look on the cover. I sorta followed the instructions and sorta did my own thing. Here is what I got.


Oh how I WISH I tweezed my eyebrows! They seriously grow all over the place these days. Even if I had never tweezed them they wouldn't be growing that far down. What's up with that? Wandering brows.. I have them. But I digress.. we are here for the makeup. So let's talk about that. 

The eyeshadow is awesome. When I was a teen I had bought Wet n Wild product because they were always .99 cents or lower. Back then they were pretty colors that looked so awesome till you put them on. Sheer isn't the word to describe the colors once on your skin. More like "did I put some on? I thought I did, but I can't see it.. " Maybe if you sat there for 10 minutes applying over and over again you would get some color. Well, that's not the case anymore. Wet n Wild has some nicely pigmented shadows these days. This was done without the use of water or a primer. 

I lined the top lid with the pencil in the kit. I usually use a liquid liner since it flows so easily and my old lady eye lids aren't that tight anymore and the skin just kinda moves along with the pencil instead of the pencil sliding over the skin, unless I pull and stretch my eyelid. The pencil included is black with some glitter. I don't see any glitter but the pencil itself did a pretty good job. 


The mascara worked o.k... it seemed a little bit dry and the applicator wand was "pokey". That's the only way I know how to describe it. It's not something I would buy and use all the time, but it got the job done well enough. The liquid liner was great, although I've always had a hard time putting liquid liner under my bottom lashes. It was a very pretty color and nicely pigmented. 


The only thing I added to this look not included in the box was foundation and my eyebrow pencil. Oh, and a nude colored lip gloss. Usually when I do such heavy eyeshadow I don't leave the house unless I'm going out at night to a club or something. However, yesterday I went shopping like this. Every where I went I felt like my eyes were actually heavy. I figured people would think I was just one of those crazy old ladies that wore far too much eye makeup. 


I'm going to go tweeze my eyebrows. This should take awhile. 






No comments:

Post a Comment